from thekitchn.com, serves 4-6
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10-20 leaves of basil, chopped
- 10 green olives, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls, sliced into quarters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss the cantaloupe, basil strips, olives, red onions and mozarella balls together. Lightly dress the salad with a long pour of olive oil and even longer drizzle of red wine vinegar. Toss with the lime juice. Generously salt and pepper the salad and taste.
This salad is great straight away but even better chilled for a few hours before serving, to allow the flavors to really meld.