from Bon Appetit, serves 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- ½ cup salted, roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until skin is browned and crisp, 10–12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pear, turnip, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pear and turnip are soft and starting to turn golden brown, 15–20 minutes. Carefully add wine and thyme, then return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Cook until wine is almost completely evaporated and chicken is cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Serve topped with macadamia nuts.