from Epicurious, serves 4
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram or oregano
- 1 (1 1/4-pounds) eggplant, trimmed and cut into 8 (1-inch-thick) rounds
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta (1/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (1 ounce), lightly toasted
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over hot charcoal (high heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure .
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, marjoram, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with some of dressing. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill eggplant, covered only if using a gas grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 12 to 15 minutes total. Cut into pieces.
- Toss spinach with enough dressing to coat and season with salt and pepper. Add eggplant, feta, and pine nuts and toss again.