This is your blog writer's FAVORITE bean recipe, and her own creation!
- 1 lb bush beans or pole beans, ends snapped
- 2 tb butter
- 1 tb tomato jam (or substitute honey)
- 1 tb dijon mustard
- 3 tb chopped basil
- 2 ts lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam beans for about 8 minutes, until they are just tender.
2. While beans are cooking, add the rest of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
3. When beans are ready, drain them and add them immediately to the mixing bowl. Use tongs to stir hot beans around so they get evenly coated.