from Marthastewart.com, serves 4
- 4 small sweet peppers, any color
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in olive oil, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup packed spicy baby greens, such as watercress or arugula
1. Char bell peppers over the flames of a gas burner, turning with tongs until blackened and blistered, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, broil them 2 or 3 inches from heat source.) Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with a plate, and let stand until cool. Scrape off skins with a paring knife and wipe flesh clean with a paper towel. Keeping stems intact, cut peppers in half lengthwise, then remove and discard seeds. Arrange on a platter and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk together anchovies, garlic, vinegar, oil, and parsley in a medium bowl. Add beans and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over peppers and top with Parmesan and greens.